Summer Sake Series with Toronto Common
Learn the sake making process, different rices and regions, and try premium Japanese sakes with one of only 8 certified advanced sake specialists in Canada, Mariko Tajiri.
Trained at the Sake Education Council in Japan with a ASP (Advanced Sake Professional) certification, Mariko has held numerous tasting events across Canada and in Asia.
Each event will partner with a different restaurant, and different style of cuisine for $35 tax & tip included.
Our 3rd event is Thursday, August 20th 7pm at Zakkushi Yakitori Izakaya & sister restaurant Sushiya Sushi Bar, for a special yakitori & sushi pairing combining dishes from both restaurants in one event featuring:
Sushiya Appetizer Set with Oze Beisuika Junmai Ginjo from Gunma, Japan with notes of apple and white flowers served chilled with seafood or light dishes.
- Gomaae, boiled spinach with sesame sauce
- Atsuyaki Tamago, house-made Japanese omelette
- Shiokara, house marinated squid with special shiokara
- Ankimo, cold monkfish liver
Zakkushi Mini Premium Skewer Set with Kirakucho Tokubetsu Junmai from Shiga, Japan a full-bodied, umami rich sake with good balance and structure, perfect for summer served chilled.
- Wagyu Beef with Oropon sauce
- Wagyu Beef Tsukune (meatball) Teriyaki
- Free Range Chicken Momo (chicken thigh) Sea Salt
Zakkushi Mini Scallops & Vegetarian Skewer Set with Kozaemon Tokubetsu Junmai from Gifu, Japan, with big notes of apple, liquorice and tropical fruits and crisp acidity served chilled.
- Eringi (king oyster mushroom) with Soy Sauce & Butter
- Tofu with Soy Sauce
- Scallop with Soy Sauce & Butter
Seasonal 6 piece Sushi Sampler with Kagatobi Gokkan Junmai from Kanazawa, Japan, a full-bodied and full umami, crisp, clean sake with depth served chilled.
- Blue Fin Tuna Belly
- Japanese Seabream
- Jumbo Sweet Prawn
- Striped Jack
- Wagyu Beef
- Sea Eel
* Sakes will be served with each course in 2 oz pourings.
For tickets and more info visit this link.